Family-Based Immigration

If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, Kivu Law may be able to help your family member apply for a green card. Kivu Law can help determine if you and your family member are eligible to apply. If family-based immigration is an option for you, Kivu Law can assist with gathering the required documents, filing the application, and monitoring the case for updates.

To receive an immigrant visa through a family member, you the beneficiary must be related to one of the following people:

  • US citizen spouse (husband or wife)
  • US citizen child (son or daughter) over age 21
  • US citizen parent (mother or father)
  • US citizen sibling (brother or sister)
  • Lawful Permanent Resident parent (mother or father)
  • Lawful Permanent Resident spouse (husband or wife)

To request a consultation with an attorney to discuss an immigrant visa for a family member, please call Kivu Law at 507-295-4858 or contact us online.